Paddy Buckley Round
The “Welsh Classical Round” – Professionally guided and fully supported over 3 days
The Paddy Buckley Round visits all the major mountain ranges in Northern Snowdonia, including 47 mountain tops on a loop of just over 100km and approximately 9,000m of ascent/descent. We’ll take on this challenge in small groups, running up to 35km per day. You’ll be guided by a mountaineering instructor with extensive knowledge of the route.
Each day we’ll return to Capel Curig, where there are range of accommodation options available (Hotels, hostels and campsites).
Our next open event is on:
- Saturday 15th July – Monday 17th July 2023
- Maximum of 12 places available
- Other dates available for groups, please ask.
We have been guiding the Welsh 3000 challenge regularly for over 20 years, with a range of client groups from large charity events over three days, through to groups of fit runners, aiming to complete all peaks within 12 hours. The Paddy Buckley Round covers sections of this route, but also incudes the Moelwyn and Nantle Ridge ranges. It is considered to be tougher than both the Bob Graham (Lake District) and Ramsey (Scottish Highlands) Rounds.
To prepare well for this challenge, we recommend that you have completed the Welsh 3000s over 2 days, or one of our 50km events as a minimum. Pace will be at a slow run, but walking all the hills and technical sections. Please contact us for further information.
- Low ratio (1:6 maximum) guiding and supervision by our highly experienced and qualified leaders.
- Refuelling opportunities at half way on all days (Food and drink)
- Support vehicle with qualified leader, should extra help be required on the hill
- Transport out and back each day from our base in Capel Curig
What’s not included:
- Cancellation insurance (please see our Terms and Conditions page for full details)