Norm’s Helium Loops
23-24 March 2024 – Salcombe Regis
Backyard Ultras have become popular in recent years but this isn’t one. New event format for 2024!
- Our event will run for a maximum time of 24 hours (2pm on Saturday 23rd – 2pm on Sunday 24th March 2024)
- Complete as many 5.5km loops as you can. Each loop involves climbing 250m. No time limit per loop!
- 4 loops will be a half marathon distance but with a crushing 1,000m height gain
- Complete 8 loops for a marathon
- Complete 18 loops for 100km
- Complete 30 loops in 24 hours for 100 miles!
- “Norm’s Lightweight” option, same as above but a maximum of 8hrs
- Open to individuals, pairs, and teams of 4 people (pairs and teams will participate as a relay, with one runner on the course at a time. You can run as many loops as you like before swapping over. You can swap as many times as you like).
- Fully marked course
- Indoor event HQ, with toilets, showers and refreshments
- First aid cover
- Norm’s Helium Loops memento for all participants
- Prize for overall winner (Individual / Pairs / Teams of 4)
- Camping on Saturday night is included for everyone entered on Norm’s Helium Loops. It is available for participants on Norm’s Lightweight and any supporters to book separately for £15pp.